With Ramadan in full swing and the heat of the summer creeping towards us, I wanted a healthy, ice cold and low calorie treat that could be enjoyed after iftar. This fit the bill! This is a favorite in our family because it is so easy to make and so good. It could also serve as a tasty dessert or post workout snack post Ramadan. This recipe is customizable and you could generally flavor this with your favorite fresh fruits and healthy additions but we love this with berries and crunchy almonds!
2 cups of Yogurt (I used normal yogurt but I generally drain my yogurt to make it less watery)
4 Tablespoon of Honey (Maple Syrup if you are Vegan)
1/4 cup of Strawberries
1/4 cup of Blueberries
1/4 cup Raspberries
1/8 cup of Roasted Almonds
1) Line a small rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
2) Add honey to yogurt and mix.
3) Spread in the baking pan in an even layer.
4) Scatter berries and nuts on top evenly.
5) Freeze for 3 hours until firm.
6) Once firm, make the first break with a knife and then you can break it off piece by piece by hand. Keeps for 1-2 weeks.
Have you done this before or want to do this? What would be your flavor combinations?